My voices database file (~clint/vcr/voices.htm) became to big to fit into my text-editor's memory, so I broke it into many files--index.html or index.htm for the header, (~clint/voices) new.htm for the new/unsorted voices (~clint/voices/new.htm), and a.htm, b.htm, ..., y.htm, z.htm for each letter. But these files would clutter up my vcr directory, whose main purpose is to list what I have on tape, so I decided to move these files to their own directory (~clint/voices).
I then had to revamp my search engine (written in Perl) to search through multiple files intead of just one. I also wrote Perl programs to display the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th quarter of the data, and a program to display just the new/unsorted voices. The whole thing's been a real pain, but hopefully I'll never have to do this again (seeing as this is a LIFE-LONG project). Also, there are now more user-featueres and less wait-time.
SO IF YOU CAME HERE BECAUSE OF MY CARTOON VOICES DATABASE, THE NEW ADDRESS FOR IT IS: http://clint.sheer.us/voices